Manage my farm
Through farm management services, we provide agricultural landowners a profitable return on the land while maintaining its sustainability and value. Some owners have purchased farmland as an investment or for other reasons; others have inherited land and have special emotions associated with their family farm.
Choose Bell State Bank & Trust to manage your farm property, and you will be able to stay on top of the financial management of those valuable assets. We are experienced enough to understand the agricultural industry as well as your personal concerns, whether they have to do with your family farm or a larger ag-related business. We can help you with:
- Proper tenant selection and rent collection
- Negotiation of farm leases
- Assessment of region’s fair market rental rates
- Periodic visits to ensure proper farming techniques
- Knowledge of required farm program paperwork
- Real estate tax payments
- Marketing and sale of land
- Marketing of crops (crop-share only)
- Management of specialty assets (sugar beet limited partnerships, mineral interests and other closely held businesses)
- Farm succession planning
The team at Bell State Bank & Trust is great to work with. We switched because of their great reputation and rates! I enjoy being able to stop at one of their locations after work – the hours are great and they have so many locations available.