We've added several new enhancements to Bell's online banking service. Here are 6 things to know about and do (if you haven't already).
1. Update your app.
A new Bell online banking app is available now. Please update your smartphone and/or tablet to ensure you can use the newest features.
2. Become familiar with the improved menu.
As part of the upgrade:
- The online banking menu will shift to the left side of your screen (rather than the top).
- For personal accounts, the new Bill Pay menu option replaces the previous “Payments” link. All of the bill payment options can be found here including bill pay, Popmoney and account-to-account transfers.
- The new Statements menu option allows easy access to view statements and enroll in paperless statements.
- The new Login Settings menu option makes it easier to update your username, password and secure access code delivery preferences.
3. Review the new account summary options.
The reorganized account summary allows you to:
- Perform quick transfers and view activity. When you click the vertical lines on the right side of each account, the Quick Transfer and the View Activity options will appear.
- View payment due dates and maturity dates. These features help you quickly view these details for reference.
4. Check out the convenient account detail layout changes.
Several enhancements have been made to the account detail layout:
- Transaction filters are now accessed by clicking the Filters icon.
- Account details (interest information, current balance and available balance) are now accessed by clicking the Details icon.
- The transaction amount and updated balance are now displayed together, rather than in separate columns.
- The account inquiry, print and download/export features are now accessed by clicking the appropriate icon.
5. Group your accounts as you’d like.
If you’d like to reorganize how your accounts appear in online banking, the upgrade allows you to create your own groupings.
You may create groupings for your personal and business accounts, categorize your deposit and loan accounts, or separate your kids’ accounts from your own. It’s up to you.
To create a new grouping:
- Click on Accounts in the left navigation.
- Click, hold and move the account you’d like to reorganize. As you begin to move the account, an in-box icon will appear.
- Drag the account over the in-box icon. A new group will appear.
- To change the name of the group, click the pencil icon next to the group name. Edit the name and click the checkmark to save.
- Create additional groups as you wish.
6. Hide accounts you don’t use.
If you have an account you don’t currently use, you can now hide it from your account summary.
- Click Other to expand the list.
- Select Account Preferences.
- Find the account you want to hide. Click Visible. Move the slider to hide the account.