Harness your cash flow, and you can make your business grow! Bell State Bank & Trust’s business cash management team provides the go-to expertise to help you pinpoint the tools – from fund sweeps and cash consolidation to remote deposit and positive pay – that will create efficient business cash flow.
Bell State Bank & Trust’s sweep accounts make idle cash work harder for your business. Sweeps are designed for businesses with steady cash flows in and out of their operating checking account. How do sweeps work?
- The system automatically sweeps funds daily, based on established product parameters, such as target balance, replenishment amounts and maximum investment amounts.
- Sweep products can be customized to meet your business needs.
- If you are enrolled in Business Online Banking, you can view sweep activity online.
We have various levels of sweep products, depending on your business’ specific cash management needs:
- One-way: Offers overdraft or uncollected funds protection.
- Two-way: Fully automated to maximize your excess cash balances. Your checking account is linked to either a short-term investment account or to a line of credit.
- Three-way: Links three account types: checking, short-term investment and line of credit
Cash Consolidation is a financial management strategy that pools cash into one central account at a single financial institution for more effective use of operating cash and investment. This tool aids your business in consolidating funds from subordinate or branch accounts at other banks into a central/master account at Bell State Bank & Trust. Simply submit ACH transfers through Business Online Banking. We then process the transactions between Bell State Bank & Trust accounts and accounts at other banks.
How Can Cash Consolidation Benefit My Business?
- Gathers and disburses funds between the master operating checking account and subordinate accounts.
- Streamlines financial operations and eases cash flow management.
- Pools cash to offset service charges. Excess can be invested or used to service debt.
- Makes the most of available cash resources.
- Eliminates unnecessary expenses and can avoid costly fees at other banks.
- Archives information in financial templates, eliminating the need to reenter repetitive data.
- Is accomplished through next-day ACH transfers.
Electronic Payments & Services
In addition to Business Online Banking and business credit cards and debit cards, Bell State Bank & Trust provides a host of other electronic tools to help your business manage cash flow.
- Merchant Card Services – are designed to increase your revenue, optimize your payment processing, and minimize risk. We offer a cost-effective solution to process your entire Visa©, MasterCard© and Discover© Network credit and debit card transactions. No matter your business – retail, restaurant, healthcare, service, mail order, e-commerce and more – we have a solution to fit your needs. Give us your existing merchant service information, and we will provide a free analysis to show you how we can provide you savings.
- Direct Deposit of Payroll – allows your business to electronically credit employees’ checking and/or savings accounts on an assigned date, regardless of where the accounts are located. Direct Deposit of Payroll is one of the most cost-effective, efficient, reliable and secure ways to pay your employees.
- Direct Debits – allow a business to electronically debit your customer accounts using ACH, a cost-effective, efficient, reliable and secure payment system. Some common direct payments are payments for services, rents, utility bills, insurance premiums, organization membership fees and contributions.
- Remote Deposit – lets you make deposits electronically from your office any time, without driving to the bank. Remote Deposit allows your business to convert paper checks into electronic images using a desktop scanner with our Business Online Banking solution. It is the fastest way to turn your check deposits into cash.
- Wire Transfers – allow you to transfer funds while avoiding the hassle of contacting the bank and relaying detailed information. You reduce costs by lowering wiring fees, and you can initiate domestic transfers through our secure Internet banking site.
- Business Bill Pay – allows businesses to pay bills online while significantly reducing the risk and cost associated with issuing checks.
- Corporate Trade Payments – allow your business to electronically debit or credit trade partners’ accounts using ACH, a cost-effective, efficient, reliable and secure payment system.
- Electronic Gift & Prepaid Cards – are a smart business decision because they help increase revenue and attract new customers. Gain competitive advantage by offering an additional payment option to your customers, and boost sales all year long.
- Electronic Check Conversion – gives you the ability to continue offering your customers the option of paying by check, while dramatically reducing the risk and cost associated with accepting those checks. Paper checks – consumer and business – are converted into safe, efficient electronic transactions that are processed with the speed and ease of credit card processing.
We offer Trusteer Rapport, a free online fraud protection software to protect your business. Learn more about how Trusteer Rapport works.
Other Cash Management Services
- Checks & business forms
- Coin & currency handling
- Public fund pledging
- Positive Pay
- Electronic data interchange
- Lockbox services
Contact your business banker to find out more about these cash management services.