Bell State Bank & Trust’s Alexandria Branch Named Employer of the Year
Lakes Area Professional Women has announced Bell State Bank & Trust’s Alexandria, Minn. branch is the 2011 Large Employer of the Year. Each year, LAPW recognizes businesses that offer leadership opportunities to female employees.
Employers are evaluated on how they:
- support and promote fairness in the workplace
- demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of female employees
- provide upward mobility and training
- recruit, retain and develop leadership
- develop guidelines for parental leave and child care
- demonstrate philanthropic support of the Alexandria area community
Employers are honored in two categories—large employer (those with more than 25 employees) and small employer (those with 25 or fewer employees). Employers of the Year can be for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations, or government entities.
“This is truly an honor for Bell State Bank & Trust and the Alexandria location,” said Alexandria branch president, Jeff Restad.” Past honorees include Henry’s Foods, Knute Nelson, Douglas County Hospital, Alexandria Technical College, and Tastefully Simple, to name a few.”
Bell State Bank & Trust’s Alexandria, Minn. branch was honored at the annual LAPW recognition dinner held Wednesday, October 19, 2011.
To read the Employer of the Year newspaper article, click here.